Christina Mcdowell is a physical therapist practicing in Dallas, TX. Christina Mcdowell specializes in physical treatment to help a patient reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, Christina Mcdowell can treat multiple conditions with exercises, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization, heat, ice, massage, laser or light therapy and more. Christina Mcdowell will create a treatment plan based on the patients specific injury or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Christina M Mcdowell DPT's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75243Get Direction
Christina M Mcdowell DPT's reviewsWrite Review
- Fibromyalgia: Dietary Guidelines to Reduce Your Symptoms
Although there is no prescribed diet for the treatment of fibromyalgia symptoms, many individuals find that changes in their food intake — quality and quantity — impact the severity of their symptoms. An awareness of what you are eating is a key to understand how food impacts your...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Ice Baths Relieve Sore Muscles
According to a new study ice baths are as effective as compression stockings and stretching to relieve soreness caused by an intense workout. “Ice bath reduced the muscle soreness by 20% and this was equivalent to other popular methods of recovery," says Chris Bleakley, PhD, a researcher at the...
- Knee Pain: Physical Therapy for Knee Pain
The knee joint is a hinge joint, meaning that it is a synovial joint made up of two or more bones where the joint can be moved in one axis to either flex or extend. The knee joint comprises of the shin (also known as the tibia) and the femur bones. The knee cap or the patella bone is situated in...
- Mindfulness and Fibromyalgia
Present moment awareness, deep relaxation, and gentle movement can help an individual discover and observe his or her reactions to stressors, such as pain or the emotional devastation of being diagnosed with a chronic illness. This understanding can lead to changes in thought and body awareness that...
- Alternative Treatment for Shin Splints
What Are Shin Splints?Shin splints are the result of severe stress being placed on the tibia. This stress leads to inflammation of the surrounding muscle tissues; thus, leading to severely debilitating pain. At times, the pain can be so severe that it may even cause difficulties simply taking a step...
- Julie Marie Devahl PT5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Darren Marc Bayliss P.T.6970 N Oracle Rd Tucson AZ 85704
- Scott Cloud PT7115 Greenville Ave Dallas TX 75231
- Dr. Carling E Butler PT, DPT, MSCI3131 Turtle Creek Blvd Dallas TX 75219
- Miss Katrina Margaret Short PT2535 Lone Star Drive Dallas TX 75212
- Sarah Henry MSPT8502 Edgemere Rd Dallas TX 75225