Dr. David Lakey is a pediatrician practicing in Mckinney, TX. Dr. Lakey is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Lakey diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Lakey can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1990
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Naive human T cells develop into Th1 effectors after stimulation with Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages or recombinant Ag85 proteins.
- T cells enhance production of IL-18 by monocytes in response to an intracellular pathogen.
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis 19-kilodalton lipoprotein inhibits gamma interferon-regulated HLA-DR and Fc gamma R1 on human macrophages through Toll-like receptor 2.
- Commentary: DSHS plans for an influenza pandemic.
- Ebola virus disease cluster in the United States--Dallas County, Texas, 2014.
- Active Tracing and Monitoring of Contacts Associated With the First Cluster of Ebola in the United States.
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. David Leroy Lakey MD's Practice location
Dr. David Leroy Lakey MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lakey
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Green Poop in Babies: When Should You Worry About It?
Baby poop is always a matter of concern for new mothers. The cause of worry can be on various factors such as the frequency of the baby's poop, its color and consistency, and concerns about your child's solid food intake.Normal Color and Consistency of Baby PoopA baby’s first poop is always black...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Does My Baby Have Acid Reflux?
Spit out what they have just been fed; this is known as reflux or posseting. This is not vomiting. It is important to learn the difference between vomiting and reflux. In vomiting, the muscles contract to forcefully expel the contents of the stomach, whereas in reflux, it is a spontaneous expulsion...
- Dr. Irina S. Zaydman M.D.16659 Southwest Fwy Sugar Land TX 77479
- Michael S. Kessler3742 Elkins RD Sugar Land Texas 77479-3259
- Dr. Benjamin S. Ho M.D.4101 Greenbriar Drive Houston Texas 77098
- Anna J. Chen705 S. Fry Road Katy Texas 77450
- Dr. Bin S. Sung M. D.4610 Sweetwater Blvd Sugarland Texas 77479
- Dr. Shu-Chin Kuan M.D.21234 Kingsland Blvd Katy Texas 77450