Dr. Rebecca C Rossom M.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry1 Veterans Dr # 116a Minneapolis MN, 55417
Dr. Rebecca Rossom is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Rossom specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Rossom helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
University of Minnesota Medical School 1998
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Screening for cognitive impairment in older adults: A systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- The DIAMOND initiative: implementing collaborative care for depression in 75 primary care clinics.
- The effect of depression treatment on work productivity.
- Racial/Ethnic differences in health care visits made before suicide attempt across the United States.
- High glycemic index diet as a risk factor for depression: analyses from the
- Adjusting Antidepressant Quality Measures for Race and Ethnicity.
- A stepped-wedge evaluation of an initiative to spread the collaborative care model for depression in primary care.
- Antidepressants are not overprescribed for mild depression.
- Primary Care Screening for and Treatment of Depression in Pregnant and Postpartum Women: Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.
- Risk of suicide attempt and suicide death following completion of the Patient Health Questionnaire depression module in community practice.
- Predictors of Poor Response to Depression Treatment in Primary Care.
- Clinician burnout and satisfaction with resources in caring for complex patients.
- A Statewide Effort to Implement Collaborative Care for Depression: Reach and Impact for All Patients With Depression.
- The effects of patient-centered depression care on patient satisfaction and depression remission.
- Understanding the experience of care managers and relationship with patient outcomes: the COMPASS initiative.
- Impact of a national collaborative care initiative for patients with depression and diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
- Relationships Between Caffeine Intake and Risk for Probable Dementia or Global Cognitive Impairment: The Women's Health Initiative Memory Study.
- IntelliCare: An Eclectic, Skills-Based App Suite for the Treatment of Depression and Anxiety.
- Between-visit changes in suicidal ideation and risk of subsequent suicide attempt.
- Antidepressant Use by Youth with Minimal or Mild Depression: Evidence from 3 Health Systems.
- Does Patient Adherence to Antidepressant Medication Actually Vary Between Physicians?
Dr. Rebecca C Rossom M.D.'s Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55417Get Direction
Saint Paul, MN 55130Get Direction
Dr. Rebecca C Rossom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rossom
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Dr. Timothy Louis Gendron MD5625 Cenex Dr Mail Stop 33100a Inver Grove Heights MN 55077
- Dr. Signe Dysken M.D.4500 Park Glen Rd Minneapolis MN 55416
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Czapiewski M.D.1 Veterans Dr Minneapolis MN 55417
- Dr. Natalie D Jordan M.D.2450 Riverside Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Maurice William Dysken M.D.1 Veterans Dr Minneapolis MN 55417
- Dr. Karen Kenney Dickson MD1930 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Minneapolis MN 55433