Dr. Howard Roffwarg practices Sleep Medicine in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Roffwarg studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1958
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Psychiatry; Stanford Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Ny State Psyc Inst/columbia University Med Center 1959
Dr. Howard Roffwarg M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Howard Roffwarg M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Beauty Sleep Should Be Taken Seriously
A study published in the journal BMJ, provides supports to the concept of beauty sleep. A small study conducted by Swedish researchers shows that adequate rest is essential for looking healthy. Until now, the concept of beauty sleep lacked solid evidence from science.In this study, 23 healthy...
- The Results are in. Absence of Sleep Apnea Screening Caused 2 Deadly Train Crashes in New York
Federal investigators have recently blamed Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) for two deadly train crashes that happened in the New York City metropolitan area. After the crashes in both the Hoboken Terminal of the New Jersey Transit and the Brooklyn Terminal on the Long Island Rail Road, the...
- Alternative Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, restless legs syndrome (RLS) affects about 15% of Americans. It is also important to note that restless legs syndrome can be a side effect of certain medications. It will clear off when you stop taking such medication. A variety of alternative treatments is existent....
- Fitbit Looks into Inventing New Device to Detect Sleep Apnea
Fitbit is an industry that is designed to help people track their progress to becoming healthier. Their products are easy to use, connect to devices like a smartphone, and help the wearer track their steps, heart rate, and much more. This convenience helps people to know where they need to push...
- Is There a Link Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Speech?
Many patients experience issues in speech when diagnosed with sleep apnea. The altered speech function in OSA has led researchers to believe that there is an underlying link between obstructive sleep apnea and a speech disorder. It has been seen in both children and adults, especially if they have...
- How Long Should my Child Be Sleeping?
The amount of sleep a child needs varies depending on the child and the child's age.1-4 weeks oldNewborns usually sleep for 15 to 18 hours per day, but this sleep usually occurs in short periods of two to four hours at a time. The duration of sleep is generally longer for babies who are born...
- Dr. Janardana P. Kaimal MD4820 Lake St Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Ankur Bindal M.D., M.P.H1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Alp S Baran M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Sagar H Patel MD1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Dan Lucian Dumitru MD707 Dr. Michael Debakey Drive Lake Charles LA 70601