Dr. Andras Schaffer MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology3400 Spruce St 1 Maloney Building Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Andras Schaffer is a pathologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Schaffer is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Schaffer can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Schaffer may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Massachusetts General Hospital 2004
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 2006
- Research Fellow: Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, New York, NY 2002
- Dermatopathology: Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 2008
Dr. Andras Schaffer MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32308Get Direction
Dr. Andras Schaffer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schaffer
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19107
- Mrs. Maryam Bakhtar MD900 Business Center Drive Horsham PA 19044
- Dr. Bruce Sachais MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Douglas Brian Flieder M.D.333 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia PA 19111
- Dr. Karen Gustafson MD800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19107
- Dr. Juan P. Palazzo M.D.1020 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107