Dr. David Emerich is a speech language pathologist practicing in SHELBYVILLE, KY. Dr. Emerich specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Emerich evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Emerich helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mr. David Michael Emerich MS, CCC's Practice location
SHELBYVILLE, KY 40065Get Direction
Mr. David Michael Emerich MS, CCC's reviewsWrite Review
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Hiba Iman Shuttari M.A, CF-SLP2701 CHESTNUT STATION CT LOUISVILLE KY 40299
- Lindsey Elizabeth Jeffries M.A.303 N HURSTBOURNE PKWY LOUISVILLE KY 40222
- Courtney Lynn Miller M.S. CCC-SLP6317 HIGHWAY 329 CRESTWOOD KY 40014
- Mrs. Marci Jo Walker SLP5413 PEARCE WAY CRESTWOOD KY 40014
- Mrs. Mary kay Niemann M.S. CCC, SLP5207 SPRUCEWOOD DR LOUISVILLE KY 40291
- Kristen L Yaden SLP13319 STEPPING STONE WAY LOUISVILLE KY 40299