Dr. Benton M Wheeler MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology7668 Airways Blvd Southaven MS, 38671
Dr. Benton Wheeler is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Southaven, MS. Dr. Wheeler specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1980
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Benton M Wheeler MD's Practice location
Southaven, MS 38671Get Direction
OXFORD, MS 38655Get Direction
Dr. Benton M Wheeler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wheeler
- Stanford University's Linebacker Ryan Beecher Must Now Tackle Lymphoma
There's no doubt that Ryan Beecher is strong. If you want just watch one Stanford University football game, you'll see that and then some. However, he is now going to have to use a different type of strength in his battle against lymphoma.Ryan's storyWhile many had been following Ryan Beecher before...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- Exercise Proven to Help Lymphoma Patients
People always say that exercise is the best medicine. It's been proven through many years of research that regular exercise is really important to maintain a healthy body and mind. Doctors are always reminding their patients of the benefits of physical exercise and the power it holds to fight...
- Dr. Margaret Gore M.D.1936 W Poplar Ave Collierville TN 38017
- Dr. Ronald D Lawson MD7945 WOLF RIVER BLVD GERMANTOWN TN 38138
- Dr. Barry Boston MD7945 Wolf River Blvd Germantown TN 38138
- Dr. Carmel S Verrier MD7945 WOLF RIVER BLVD GERMANTOWN TN 38138
- Dr. Daniel Alberto Vaena MD7945 WOLF RIVER BLVD GERMANTOWN TN 38138
- Dr. Edward Simmons Muir M.D.6799 Great Oaks Germantown TN 38138