Dr. Bruce Houghton is an internist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Houghton specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Houghton provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Creighton University Medical Center 1994
- Creighton University Program
Dr. Bruce L. Houghton M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Bruce L. Houghton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Houghton
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- What Does Bactrim Treat?
BactrimBactrim is a combination of antibiotics called trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole, which help treat different types of bacterial infections. Bactrim can be used for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), ear infections, bronchitis, shigellosis, traveler's...
- Exercise Can Benefit a Child's Academic Abilities
A new review of studies shows that physical activity and exercise may help children to perform better in academics. According to the researchers physical activity improves the functioning of the brain and enhances thinking skills by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the brain cells. Exercise also...
- When Is it Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning, or food borne illness, is a disease caused by eating food contaminated with infectious microorganisms or toxins. The infectious organism can be bacteria, a virus, or a parasite. Poisoning is very common in meat, chicken, fish, and eggs. But it may also be found in other food items,...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Is Chocolate Good for Us?
Is Chocolate Good for Us?I will not stop eating or drooling over chocolates even if somebody tells me that it will kill me! I will still love and crave it. Is there a disease for where chocolate is the treatment? Guess I wouldn’t mind having that! I just can’t compare the happiness that I get...
- Dr. Robert Roy Recker M.D.7710 Mercy Rd Omaha NE 68124
- Ahmed Abuzaid2500 California Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68178
- Dr. Lon William Keim M.D.4242 Farnam Street Omaha Nebraska 68131
- Dr. Theresa A. Townley M.D.4628 S 25th St Omaha NE 68107
- Dr. Stephanie Lynne Gravning MD985524 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Timothy K. Huyck M.D.611 Fenwick Dr Papillion NE 68046