Dr. Dana Alexandra Weiss M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology513 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Dana Weiss practices Pediatric Urology in San Francisco, CA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Weiss is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Weiss performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 2006
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Morphology of the external genitalia of the adult male and female mice as an endpoint of sex differentiation.
- Specific morphogenetic events in mouse external genitalia sex differentiation are responsive/dependent upon androgens and/or estrogens.
- Management of ureterocele? The search for the holy grail.
- Response to Commentary to 'Putting the past behind us - Social stress induced urinary retention can be overcome'.
- Voiding Dysfunction: What Can Radiologists Tell Patients and Pediatric Urologists?
- Detection of renal crossing vessels in MR urography made simple.
- Editorial Comment.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Dana Alexandra Weiss M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Dr. Hillary L Copp MD, MSUcsf Dept Of Urology San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Chi Keung Lee MD2999 Regent St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Joel Abram Piser MD2999 Regent St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Ming hsien Wang MDClinical Pharmacy San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jeffrey Alan Wieder MD2999 Regent St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Jon W Floyd MD2999 Regent St Berkeley CA 94705