Dr. Kenneth O Schowengerdt M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO, 63104
Dr. Kenneth Schowengerdt is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Schowengerdt specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1984
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Tacrolimus-based triple-drug immunosuppression minimizes serum lipid elevations in pediatric cardiac transplant recipients.
- Heart transplantation in children: indications. Report of the Ad Hoc Subcommittee of the Pediatric Committee of the American Society of Transplantation (AST).
- Safety and efficacy of pravastatin therapy for the prevention of hyperlipidemia in pediatric and adolescent cardiac transplant recipients.
- Catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia in a 3-year-old with occult myocarditis.
- Tacrolimus: in vitro effects on myelopoiesis, apoptosis, and CD11b expression.
- Increased myocardial performance index correlates with biopsy-proven rejection in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Advances in pediatric heart transplantation.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease.
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease and other malignancies after pediatric cardiac transplantation: an evolving landscape.
- Intermediate follow-up of pediatric heart transplant recipients with elevated pulmonary vascular resistance index.
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
Dr. Kenneth O Schowengerdt M.D.'s Practice location
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Jamie Sutherell MD1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Renuka E Peterson M.D.1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Haynes MD1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Jason Michael Garnreiter M.D.1465 S GRAND BLVD SAINT LOUIS MO 63104
- Dr. Wilson Tzu-yung King M.D.1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Ugonna Thomas antoine Nwankwo M.D.1465 S GRAND BLVD SAINT LOUIS MO 63104