Dr. Jacqueline Mcfarland Washington MD
Neurologist | Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM550 Peachtree St Ne Suite 1575 Atlanta GA, 30308
Phone: Fax: Privileges:
Education and Training
University of Mi Med Sch 1984
University of Michigan Medical School 1984
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- 1989
- Improving cardiovascular and renal outcome: maximizing drug therapy. Overview of stroke.
- Effects of volatile anesthetics on glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid transporter type 3: the role of protein kinase C.
- Carbamazepine enhances the activity of glutamate transporter type 3 via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase.
- Inability of volatile anesthetics to inhibit oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced glutamate release via glutamate transporters and anion channels in rat corticostriatal slices.
- Amitriptyline inhibits the activity of the rat glutamate transporter EAAT3 expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
- Critical role of s465 in protein kinase C-increased rat glutamate transporter type 3 activity.
- Inhibition of isoflurane-induced increase of cell-surface redistribution and activity of glutamate transporter type 3 by serine 465 sequence-specific peptides.
- Lidocaine attenuates cognitive impairment after isoflurane anesthesia in old rats.
- Genome Sequences of Mycobacteriophages Findley, Hurricane, and TBond007.
- Bell's Palsy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cervical Fusion And More
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Birth Defects
- Spinal Stenosis
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Member American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Member Atlanta Medical Association
- Member Delta Sigma Theta, Inc
- Member National Medical Association
- Member Emory Healthcare Network Physician
- Henry Ford Hospital Program
Dr. Jacqueline Mcfarland Washington MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30308Get Direction
DECATUR, GA 30033Get Direction
Dr. Jacqueline Mcfarland Washington MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Washington
- Dealing with Multiple Sclerosis Fatigue
Multiple sclerosis is a poorly understood autoimmune disease with a variety of symptoms, not all of which are felt by every person. Perhaps the most common symptom of MS is fatigue, and even that does not affect everyone equally.Tiredness and lassitudeFatigue can manifest itself either mentally or...
- Singing as therapy: how it helps people with Parkinson’s disease
For a person diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, their mobility and movement control ability is impaired, such that they will develop tremors. Moreover, getting dressed, eating, writing, brushing teeth, and driving becomes more challenging. Family members of a patient with Parkinson’s disease...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Risk of Kidney Deterioration Low in MS Patients, Study Suggests
Multiple sclerosis (MS) damages the nerves that send signals to the muscles, thereby making it much more difficult to control them. The nerves connected to the bladder are no exception. ...
- New Study: How a Mediterranean-style Diet Can Fight Multiple Sclerosis
New research is currently being developed at New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital, studying how food can be used as a treatment option to tackle MS. Neurologist Ilana Katz Sand is leading one of the first clinical trials to research the connection between food, gut bacteria, and MS symptoms. The...
- 5 Tips on Living with Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome is a neurological disorder, which affects millions of people each year. If you are suffering from restless legs syndrome, you will experience severe or mild pains as well as uncomfortable sensations in your legs when you are lying down or sitting. You will experience...
- Dr. Michael R. Yochelson MD2020 PEACHTREE RD NW ATLANTA GA 30309
- Dr. Bryan Riggeal M.D.1365B Clifton Rd NE Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Jun Tae Park M.D.5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Ben W Thrower MD2020 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Maria Angelica Silva M.D.80 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Jorge Luis Juncos M.D.1841 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30329