Dr. Jose Romeu M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1107 5th Ave New York NY, 10128
Dr. Jose Romeu is a gastroenterologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Romeu specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Romeu performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 1975
- New York Super Doctors 2008-2012
- Fellow FACP, FELLOW AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS
- Fellow FASGE, FELLOW ACADEMY SOCIETY OF GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY
- Fellow AGAF FELLOW, AMERICAN GASTROENTEROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
- Member AASLD AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF LIVER DISEASES
- Member FACG AMERICAN COLLEGE OF GASTROENTEROLOGY
- Gastroenterology, Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Jose Romeu M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Jose Romeu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Romeu
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- A Cure for Crohn’s. How Hopeful Should We Be?
In the United States alone, over 780,000 individuals are living with Crohn’s disease, a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the entire digestive tract. To this day, it remains a painful, debilitating, and complex disease for which a cure has yet to be found. But now, research has...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Mucus in Your Stool: Is It Bad?
Functions of MucusMucus is a very important substance in the body. Tissues produce mucus to protect the linings of the mouth, throat, sinuses, nose, lungs, and gut. The functions of mucus are:...
- What Is a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum. This pressure affects the flow of blood, resulting in the formation of swellings in the veins covering these areas, known as hemorrhoids. At times, the vessels may not allow blood to flow properly along these veins and the...
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD60 East End Avenue New York NY 10028
- Dr. George Abdelsayed MD355 Bard Street Staten Island NY 10310
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ 07470
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD NY 11235