Dr. Catherine Nicastri M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine205 N Belle Mead Ave East Setauket NY, 11733
Dr. Catherine Nicastri practices Geriatric Medicine in East Setauket, NY. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Nicastri works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1998
State University of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook 1997
Stony Brook University School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
- Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Internal Medicine
- University Hospital SUNY Stony Brook
Dr. Catherine Nicastri M.D.'s Practice location
East Setauket, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Nicastri M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nicastri
- What Does "Senile" Mean?
What is senile?Senile is the term used to describe an individual who experiences senility due to old age. The word "senility" means the state of both physical and mental decline associated with old age. Senility is commonly seen among the elderly. The concept of senility is also commonly compared to...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- How Is Osteoporosis Treated?
The best treatment of osteoporosis is its prevention. However, once the disease has already affected you and weakened your healthy bones, it is necessary to treat it in order to prevent a further progression of the disease as well as its complications. The most well-known complications of...
- Dr. Louis Greenblatt DO533 Route 111 Hauppauge NY 11788
- Dr. Leonid Basovich MD, DO, DAOBFP565 Route 25a Miller Place NY 11764
- Dr. Suzanne Fields M.D.205 N Belle Meade Rd East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Karen Ann Dominger D.O.100 Patriots Rd Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Kenneth A Mercer MD MPH10 E 85th St New York NY 10028
- Dr. Salah Fadlallah Masry M.D.75 N Country Rd Port Jefferson NY 11777