M. jamil Akhtar M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease2157 E Baseline Rd Suite 101 Tempe AZ, 85283
Dr. M. jamil Akhtar is a cardiologist practicing in Tempe, AZ. Dr. Akhtar specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Akhtar also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Nishtar Medical College, Bahuddin Zakaria Univ. MD
M. jamil Akhtar M.D.'s Practice location
Tempe, AZ 85283Get Direction
M. jamil Akhtar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akhtar
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Lisinopril: What Are the Side Effects and Dosages of Lisinopril?
The standard dose of this medication for adults with high blood pressure is 10 mg taken by mouth once a day.The doctor may increase the dose up to a maximum of 80 mg per day depending on the requirement. For heart failures, the starting dose for adults is 5 mg per day and the dosage can be increased...
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- James Ferris Ganem M.D.595 N Dobson Rd Chandler AZ 85224
- Richard Ross Heuser M.D.555 North 18th Street Phoenix Arizona 85006
- Fuad Ibrahim3099 North Civic Center Plaza Scottsdale Arizona 85251
- Christian Breburda MD2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008
- Ashok C Solsi MD725 South Dobson Road Chandler Arizona 85224
- Imad Khaled MD10293 North 92nd Street Scottsdale Arizona 85258