Dr. James M. Thompson MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY, 40503
Dr. James Thompson practices Sleep Medicine in Lexington, KY. Dr. Thompson studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1982
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1982
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Psychiatry; Usphs Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. James M. Thompson MD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40503Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40513Get Direction
LOUISVILLE, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. James M. Thompson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thompson
- How Is Insomnia Diagnosed?
Insomnia is the inability to sleep that people of all ages can experience. It may be caused by a wide range of factors including physical discomfort or psychological problems. There is a direct relationship between insomnia and psychosocial factors. Factors such as increased age, conflicts with...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Why Obstructive Sleep Apnea is More Common with Diabetes
An estimated eighty percent of people with Type II diabetes will also have sleep apnea. The common denominator between the two tends to be being overweight, which when combined with stress and a lack of sleep creates a powerful cocktail that leads to one or the other and the possibility of...
- Clean Sleeping and Its Benefits for Sleep Apnea Patients
A lot of scientists focus on conducting research about the benefits of healthy sleeping, as well as the effects of having not enough sleep. Sleep is considered as a mysterious part of the human lives since there is no known scientific explanation why people sleep. However, despite this fact, sleep...
- Tips for Traveling with a CPAP Machine
A well-working CPAP can make all the difference for sleep apnea patients who need to improve their quality of life. Sometimes, they may not even think about a night without it by their bedside. But when you are a frequent traveler, this could be an issue.Travelers may experience several issues with...
- Can My Sleeping Habits Influence the Development of Migraines?
Our grandmothers and parents used to insist on a sound sleep of 8 hours in the night. But with the changed lifestyle, use of computers, mobile phones and technology increasingly being used, our sleeping patterns and the duration has changed drastically.Many of the younger generation have opted for...
- Dr. Gregory E. Cooper M.D.2101 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Jalil Shojaei-moghammad M.D.771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Janet Hall Jones M.D.3121 Wall St Lexington KY 40513
- Dr. Robert P Granacher MD1401 Harrodsburg Rd Lexington KY 40504
- Dr. Barbara A Phillips MD740 S Limestone Lexington KY 40536
- Dr. Maria A Pavez MD771 Corporate Dr Lexington KY 40503