Dr. Michael E. Judd M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA, 24503
Dr. Michael Judd is a psychiatrist practicing in Lynchburg, VA. Dr. Judd is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Judd diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Judd may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Judd treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
Ross University School of Medicine 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Carilion Health System, Psychiatry
- OMNEE/Carilion Clinic Program
Dr. Michael E. Judd M.D.'s Practice location
Lynchburg, VA 24503Get Direction
Dr. Michael E. Judd M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Judd
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Dr. James W. Gallagher M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Patti E Croft M.D.2235 Landover Pl Lynchburg VA 24501
- Dr. Randall A. Scott Other3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Kara M. Rooney M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Steven Bernard Eisenstein MD521 Colony Rd Madison Heights VA 24572
- Dr. Lisa Mensch MD2244 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666