Dr. Royce Fonken is an ophthalmologist practicing in Oregon City, OR. Dr. Fonken specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Fonken can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Fonken can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1984
University of Arizona College of Medicine 1984
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Tucson Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
Dr. Royce Leon Fonken MD's Practice location
Dr. Royce Leon Fonken MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fonken
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- F. Michael Cornell10001 Southeast Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015
- Dr. Beth Edmunds MD PHD3303 Southwest Bond Avenue Portland Oregon 97239
- Dr. Gurunadh Atmaram Vemulakonda MD325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Winston Douglas Chamberlain MD, PHD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Steven Theodore Bailey MD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Jordon G Lubahn M.D.900 Nw 17th St Miami FL 33136