Dr. Gwene Schneider is a speech language pathologist practicing in TROY, NY. Dr. Schneider specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schneider evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schneider helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Gwene Schneider M.S.'s Practice location
TROY, NY 12182Get Direction
Gwene Schneider M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Mary Frances Miller SLP147 HOOSICK ST TROY NY 12180
- Ms. Cindy J D'alberto MS.ED, SLP, CCC-SP343 COUNTY ROUTE 75 MECHANICVILLE NY 12118
- Eugene Raymond Murray21 ONDERDONK RD GLENVILLE NY 12302
- Santina Marie Stewart M.S. CCC-SLP2 BETHLEHEM CT DELMAR NY 12054
- Mrs. Kim Rowland L-SLP16 SARATOGA BRIDGES BLVD BALLSTON SPA NY 12020
- Mrs. Katie A Giglio M.S., CCC-SLP6072 STATE FARM RD GUILDERLAND NY 12084