Dr. Lisa Smith is an internist practicing in Athens, GA. Dr. Smith specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Smith provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1999
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Acid Reflux
- Contact Dermatitis
- Vascular Disease
- Greenville Hosp System, Internal Medicine; Atlanta Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Greenville Health System/University of South Carolina Program
Dr. Lisa D. Smith MD's Practice location
Athens, GA 30606Get Direction
Dr. Lisa D. Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
Diabetes comes with a lot of signs, so it is important to recognize the signs and symptoms before it is too late. It's important to see your doctor before the symptoms become severe. Type 2 diabetes symptoms often develop slowly and most people don’t even know it. It is really important to get a...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- What is IP 204 Pill : Side Effects and Usage
IntroductionThe IP 204 pill is white in color and oval or elliptical in shape with an imprint of "IP 204". It has been identified as acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg of oxycodone. This pill is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The size...
- Are Spas Safe?
The word spa derives from the history of a small village in Belgium, where Roman soldiers would relax in local hot mineral springs to alleviate body aches. Bath techniques, similar to the ones the Romans took advantage of in Belgium, have been used to cure many ailments in different...
- Don't Be off Balance: Take Up Yoga
A recent study shows that individuals who practice yoga can help to recover balance, and prevents potentially fatal falls if they have ever had a stroke. Researchers report that stroke survivors who practice specialized post-stroke yoga poses improved their balance by 34%. This is particularly...
- Dr. William Emory Rigsby M.D.2410 Hog Mountain Road Watkinsville Georgia 30677
- Dr. Thomas N Kias MD1010 Prince Ave Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Christopher R Edwards MD1199 Prince Ave Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Eliazabeth D Smith MD1500 Oglethorpe Ave Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Mary M. Kim M.D.1049 Main st Springfield,MA Springfield MA 01103
- Dr. Jane Fleagle MD120 Hawthorne Park Athens GA 30606