Dr. Leslie Wilke practices Pulmonology in Peoria, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Wilke manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Leslie Dawn Wilke D.O.'s Practice location
Peoria, IL 61637Get Direction
Temple, TX 76508Get Direction
SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485Get Direction
Dr. Leslie Dawn Wilke D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cough Medicine for Cystic Fibrosis
Medications for cystic fibrosis can help control the mucus in the lungs and keep the lungs’ normal functioning as much as possible. What is cystic fibrosis?Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease known to affect the cells that make mucus, digestive fluids, and sweat. Usually, these fluids are thin...
- New Technology Offers Shared Decision-Making for Cystic Fibrosis Patients
Suffering from an autosomal recessive lethal disease is indubitably difficult, but what if there were something that could make it more manageable? Physician researchers at the University of Cincinnati have worked to develop a computerize decision-making model that assists cystic fibrosis patients...
- COPD: Taking Steroids and Antibiotics
How can steroids improve my symptoms?Steroids make your breathing easier if you have COPD. Physiologically, steroids try to reduce the swelling of the airways. Mucus production is also decreased with the use of steroids according to some studies. The dosage and length of course of steroid...
- Can Asthma Develop in Adulthood?
In the not-so-distant past, researchers believed that asthma was a condition that always developed during childhood, and one that merely worsened in later adulthood. That theory has since been proven wrong, as asthma has begun to affect problem-free individuals in their thirties and later adult...
- What Are the Medications that Can Treat Pleurisy?
Pleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inside of the chest wall. It is a very painful condition that is often exacerbated by deep inspiration. Most patients with pleurisy present a sharp, stabbing-like pain over one side of the chest that aggravates while...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Dr. Michael Leroy Peil M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Rajesh Balagani DON2950 State Road 67 Lake Geneva WI 53147
- Dr. Jeremiah Edward Crabb M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Patrick E Whitten M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. Ossama Ikladios MD1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606
- Dr. W Anthony Sauder M.D.1001 Main St Peoria IL 61606