Dr. Allen Lewis is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Nokomis, FL. Dr. Lewis specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Lewis tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
University of Mi Med Sch 1961
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Childrens Hospital
Dr. Allen Lewis M.D.'s Practice location
Nokomis, FL 34275Get Direction
Dr. Allen Lewis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Why Lateral Epicondylitis is Called Tennis Elbow
Lateral epicondylitis is a condition of the arms that creates pain around the elbow joints. The condition may be a result of a number of causes, but it is typically from overuse of the elbow. However, it may take some time before lateral epicondylitis starts showing intense pain; it may be up to one...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- How is Bursitis Diagnosed?
What are the signs and symptoms of bursitis?Bursitis symptoms are there because of the amount of inflammation in the bursa, as well as the exact area of the bursa involved. The swelling causes pain and tenderness in the bursa. When the bursa is so swollen, then it can cause stiffness along with...
- Dr. Sean R Dingle MD6050 Cattleridge Blvd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. Jeffrey M Oettinger MD943 S Beneva Rd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. Michael A Feiertag MD6050 Cattleridge Blvd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. William Francis Bennett MD1250 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Charles W Rush MD6050 Cattleridge Blvd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. Brian A. Schofield M.D.1950 Arlington St Sarasota FL 34239