Dr. J Stanley Smith MD
Surgeon | Surgical Critical Care500 University Dr Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. J Smith is a general surgeon practicing in Hershey, PA. Dr. Smith specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Smith provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1971
- Breast Cancer
- LECOMT/Pinnacle Health Community Gen Osteo Hosp Program
Dr. J Stanley Smith MD's Practice location
Dr. J Stanley Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- What Is Varicocelectomy Surgery?
Varicocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is mainly used to treat male infertility. This infertility in men is always as a result of varicocele. The aim of treating varicocele is to obstruct or hinder venous drainage to the testicles while maintaining the lymphatic drainage and arterial inflow....
- What is the Central Venous Catheter?
The central venous catheter is a type of a catheter that is normally placed in a vein of large size. It is also called the central venous line or central line. Central venous catheters can be fitted in veins found in the chest, groin, arms, and neck. This type of catheter is often used in the...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Justin David Rosenberger D.O.875 South Arlington Avenue Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17109
- Dr. Jerome Rudolph Lyn-sue M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gregory Pinkowsky M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Randy S Haluck MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Sandeep Gidvani M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jovenel Cherenfant M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033