Dr. Alison Cienciwa is a speech language pathologist practicing in WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA. Dr. Cienciwa specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Cienciwa evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Cienciwa helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Alison Cienciwa's Practice location
WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA 01089Get Direction
Alison Cienciwa's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Ms. Catherine Manicke MA1 ROUNDHOUSE PLZ STE 202-203 NORTHAMPTON MA 01060
- Caroline Costanzo13 MAIN STREET BELCHERTOWN MA 01007
- Jacqueline Tan13 MAIN STREET BELCHERTOWN MA 01007
- Laurie Cournoyer1111 ELM ST WEST SPRINGFIELD MA 01089
- Kate Mary Royko MA CCC-SLP91 ELM ST WESTFIELD MA 01085
- Ms. Nancy Elizabeth Speas MA CCC-SLP110 CHERRY ST HOLYOKE MA 01040