Dr. Michael Lekawa MD
Surgeon | Surgical Critical CareUci Medical Center 101 The City Drive S Orange CA, 92868
Membership in the Pacific Coast Surgical Association Fellow, American College of Surgeons Fellow, Southen California Chapter, American College of Surgeons American College of Surgeons, Committee on ...
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- 1997, 1997, 1997 American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma, Verification Subcom
- 2012-2014 Physicians of Excellence, Orange County Medical Association
- Parathyroid Disease, Surgical Procedures, Trauma
- Univ Of Ca Irvine Coll Med, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery; Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael Lekawa MD's Practice location
Orange, CA 92868Get Direction
Dr. Michael Lekawa MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lekawa
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- What Is Cholecystitis?
What is cholecystitis?Cholecystitis is the inflammation of the gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ situated under the liver. The gallbladder serves as the storage organ for bile until it is needed for the digestion of fatty foods in the duodenum or the first segment of the small...
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a damaged gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ found in the upper right part of your belly. The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive fluid used in the breakdown of fats. Specifically,...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is used to examine the organs that are located in the abdomen. It involves little work and it comes with minimal risks. It can also be referred to as diagnostic laparoscopy. Only a few small incisions are made.A special instrument, known as laparoscope, is...
- Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.850 S ATLANTIC BLVD Monterey Park CA 91754
- Dr. Andrew S. Iraniha M.D.,F.A.C.S496 Old Newport Blvd Newport Beach CA 92663
- Dr. William Campbell Wallace M.D.24411 Health Center Dr Laguna Hills CA 92653
- Dr. Christopher Lyon PH.D,MD1201 W La Veta Ave Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Steven Ward Grant MD2865 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach CA 90806
- Mr. Francis Sangwon Lee MD12555 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove CA 92843