Dr. Melvin Gertner is a pediatrician practicing in Elmhurst, NY. Dr. Gertner is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Gertner diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Gertner can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1960
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Interfaith Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Kaleida Hlth Sys -Chldrn Hosp, Pediatrics
- Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center of Chicago Program
Dr. Melvin Gertner M.D.'s Practice location
Elmhurst, NY 11373Get Direction
Dr. Melvin Gertner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- The BRAT Diet for Toddlers
IntroductionBRAT is a type of diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. The BRAT diet used to be a staple mostly recommended by pediatricians to children with an upset stomach. The main idea behind this diet is to provide a chance for the gut to rest and at the same time...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Dr. Muhammad Bhatti MD319 Hooper Street Brooklyn New York 11211
- Dr. Patricia A. Rogers M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Zahida Khan MD132 WILSON AVE BROOKLYN NY 11237
- Dr. Ramon E. Ferrand MD600 W 150th St New York New York 10034
- Judith Goldstein1559 York Avenue New York New York 10028
- Dr. Hariram Ganesh M.D.2 Sycamore Dr Roslyn NY 11576