Dr. Jessica Schultz is a speech language pathologist practicing in FAIRBANKS, AK. Dr. Schultz specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schultz evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schultz helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Jessica Schultz M.S.'s Practice location
FAIRBANKS, AK 99701Get Direction
Mrs. Jessica Schultz M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Heather Denise Sullivan CCC-SLP1327 KALAKAKET ST FAIRBANKS AK 99709
- Janette Stanberry M.S. CCC-SLP1020 BARNETTE ST FAIRBANKS AK 99701
- Mrs. Jaina Rian Hulbert-billings CCCSLP1327 KALAKAKET STREET FAIRBANKS AK 99709
- Elizabeth D Jacobs MA CCCSLP600 UNIVERSITY AVE FAIRBANKS AK 99709
- Ms. Heather E Eisenman MS CCC-SLP1019 26TH AVE FAIRBANKS AK 99701
- Kerry Rae Pippin CCC-SLP415 1ST AVE FAIRBANKS AK 99701