Mr. James E. O'brien M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry10427 San Sevaine Way Suite H Mira Loma CA, 91752
Dr. James O'brien is a psychiatrist practicing in Mira Loma, CA. Dr. O'brien is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. O'brien diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. O'brien may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. O'brien treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1982
Mr. James E. O'brien M.D.'s Practice location
Mira Loma, CA 91752Get Direction
Mr. James E. O'brien M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'brien
- The Side Effects of Xanax
What Is Xanax?The generic name for Xanax is alprazolam and this is a benzodiazepine. Xanax was first introduced in 1976. This drug has an impact on the unbalanced chemicals in the brain of people who have anxiety. It is therefore prescribed for treating mental health problems which are linked with...
- Adderall for ADHD: Does it Work?
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine salt and 25% levoamphetamine salt. It belongs to the drug class of central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Dr. Carolina Osorio M.D.1686 Barton Road Redlands California 92373
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dr. Stoyan D. Rusev M.D.,PH.D.9990 County Farm Road Riverside California 92503
- Dr. Grace Reid M.D.1809 West Redlands Blvd. Redlands California 92373
- Dr. Jay Leathers MD2035 E. Ball Road Anaheim CA 92806
- Tanya Scurry603 S Milliken Ave Suite F Ontario CA 91761