Dr. Christopher Mark Lafferty M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)5525 Grossmont Center Dr La Mesa CA, 91942
Dr. Christopher Lafferty is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in La Mesa, CA. Dr. Lafferty specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Lafferty can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Lafferty can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1985
University of California 1985
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Reproductive Endocrinology; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
Dr. Christopher Mark Lafferty M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Christopher Mark Lafferty M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lafferty
- How Can You Induce Labor Naturally?
If you are in your third trimester of pregnancy, you may be thinking of ways to avoid a medically induced labor. There is a multitude of different techniques to utilize to naturally induce labor, if you do not prefer medically inducing labor. However, there is no proof that these methods are...
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Young Women with Cystic Fibrosis
The Journal of Cystic Fibrosis has published recent study results on research into the sexual and reproductive health care in young women with cystic fibrosis.This study compared the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care of those with CF to the general U.S. population. Both groups of women were...
- A Drug Found in Birth Control Pills May Cause Blood Clots
According to FDA, birth control pills containing hormone drospirenone should carry the message about a new warning. The warning says that these pills may increase the risk of potentially fatal blood clots.Drospirenone is the artificial version of progesterone, the female hormone. There are a...
- How is HIV Diagnosed?
What is HIV and how is it diagnosed?HIV refers to a virus and an infection that attacks the immune system. The virus is transmitted from one person to another by the sharing of body fluids. This can happen through unprotected sex, blood transfusion, or sharing of any piercing objects that might pass...
- What Exactly Does an OB-GYN Do?
IntroductionThe term "OB-GYN" is an abbreviation for obstetrician-gynecologist. An OB-GYN is a healthcare provider who specializes in female reproductive health, including pregnancy and childbirth. There are also OB-GYNs who offer general medical services that are similar to what primary care...
- Certain Antiviral Medications May Be Safe to Take During Pregnancy
According to a report published in, Journal of the American Medical Association, certain antiviral medications during early pregnancy may not increase the child’s risk of major birth defects. Antiviral medications including acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, are often prescribed for the...
- Dr. Deena S. Tajran MD FACOG9834 Genesee Avenue San Diego California 92037
- Dr. Vivian Elizabeth Ellis M.D.10666 North Torrey Pines Road La Jolla California 92037
- Katie Lynne Lemieux MD276 International Circle San Jose California 95119
- Prof. Andrew Dean Hull M.D.200 W ARBOR DR SAN DIEGO CA 92103
- Dr. Nicole Nguyen M.D.15725 Pomerado Rd Poway CA 92064
- Dr. Malachi Edward Quigley MD9339 Genesee Ave San Diego CA 92121