Dr. Neal Palafox is a family practitioner practicing in Mililani, HI. Dr. Palafox specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Palafox possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Hi John A Burns Sch of Med, Honolulu Hi 1980
University of Hawaii 1980
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Family medicine in Hawaii.
- Retinol binding protein as a surrogate measure for serum retinol: studies in vitamin A-deficient children from the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Formative research to inform intervention development for diabetes prevention in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Cultural competence: a proposal for physicians reaching out to Native Hawaiian patients.
- Macro- and microlevel processes affect food choice and nutritional status in the republic of the marshall islands.
- Vitamin A deficiency, iron deficiency, and anemia among preschool children in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Improving health outcomes in diverse populations: competency in cross-cultural research with indigenous Pacific islander populations.
- Chronic phase lipids in sera of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), chronic ciguatera fish poisoning (CCFP), hepatitis B, and cancer with antigenic epitope resembling ciguatoxin, as assessed with MAb-CTX.
- Review of the clinical use of intravenous mannitol with ciguatera fish poisoning from 1988 to 1992.
- Relationship of vitamin A deficiency, iron deficiency, and inflammation to anemia among preschool children in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Carotenoid status among preschool children with vitamin A deficiency in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Vitamin A deficiency and inflammatory markers among preschool children in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Cancer-related disparities: weathering the perfect storm through comprehensive cancer control approaches.
- Cancer in the US Associated Pacific Islands (UASPI): history and participatory development.
- Epidemiology of cancer in the Republic of Kiribati.
- Ucla Med Ctr, Family Practice
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Dr. Neal A Palafox MD's Practice location
Mililani, HI 96789Get Direction
Dr. Neal A Palafox MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palafox
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Viral vs. Bacterial Infections: Know the Difference
IntroductionBoth bacterial and viral infections are caused by microbes, such as bacteria and viruses. These microbes are spread through the following:...
- Anemia: Get the Facts
Our body has three types of blood cells: white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. White blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes are the type of cells that fights off infections in our body. The platelets work by helping our blood clot, and the red blood cells (RBCs) are the ones responsible for...
- What Could Itchy Palms Mean?
Although an itchy palm is rarely caused by serious conditions, it can also indicate a chronic skin problem that requires frequent treatment.Your doctor can help diagnose your condition by identifying other symptoms you experience and what causes your itchy palm. Your doctor will recommend or...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Dr. Bianca Bryant-greenwood M.D.1380 Lusitana St Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Jeffrey M Lin MD, MPH1650 Liliha St. Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Fredric D. Balguma DO10850 Arrow Rte Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730
- Dr. Patricia L. Borman MD1401 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Irene Hwang M.D.50 E 168th St Bronx NY 10452
- Dr. Gregory Wookoun Lee M.D.901 Nevin Ave Richmond CA 94801