Dr. Jennifer Garcia is a speech language pathologist practicing in KEALAKEKUA, HI. Dr. Garcia specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Garcia evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Garcia helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Jennifer Christine Garcia M.S., CCC-SLP's Practice location
KEALAKEKUA, HI 96750Get Direction
Mrs. Jennifer Christine Garcia M.S., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Kelsey Collins M.S. CCC-SLP78-7070 ALII DR APT D306 KAILUA KONA HI 96740
- Catherine Davis M.S., CCC-SLP87-3181 JAPONICA RD CAPTAIN COOK HI 96704
- Natalie Vitale MHS SLP-CCC78-6957 KAMEHAMEHA III RD KAILUA KONA HI 96740
- Carly Gordon M.A.75-127 LUNAPULE RD KAILUA KONA HI 96740
- Miss Ann E Arthurs MS.SLP81-6587 MAMALAHOA HWY KEALAKEKUA HI 96750
- Ms. Lisa Ann Brittain M.S.75-165 HUALALAI RD. KAILUA-KONA HI 96740