Dr. John Rowekamp is a general surgeon practicing in Winona, MN. Dr. Rowekamp specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Rowekamp provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1969
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Naval Reg Med Ctr, General Surgery; Naval Reg Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. John D Rowekamp MD's Practice location
Winona, MN 55987Get Direction
Dr. John D Rowekamp MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hysterectomy
Within the pelvic cavity, two ovaries connect via the fallopian tubes to the centrally positioned uterus, creating the female reproductive system. These organs produce female growth hormones, release ova (eggs), control the menstrual cycle, and oversee pregnancy, gestation, and the birth of a baby....
- 5 Ways to Stay Comfortable After a Gallbladder Surgery
Gallbladder SurgeryGallbladder removal surgery is one of the most commonly performed surgeries. The procedure is also known as a cholecystectomy. Gallbladder surgery is usually performed to solve problems that are associated with gallstones. Gallstones are hardened deposits of the digestive fluid...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- Treatments For Pleurisy
Pleurisy is a treatable condition with a very good prognosis. The aims in the management of pleurisy are to relieve the symptoms and treat the underlying cause of pleurisy.Relieving the SymptomsPleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inner chest wall. The...
- Dr. Leroy J. Trombetta MD855 Mankato Avenue Winona MN 55987
- Dr. Hans M Zinnecker MD855 Mankato Ave Winona MN 55987
- Dr. Hans J Serleth MD1233 34th St Nw Bemidji MN 56601
- Dr. Jerry A Smith DO859 Mankato Avenue Winona MN 55987
- Dr. Suzanne M Jelense MD859 Mankato Avenue Winona MN 55987
- Dr. Matthew J Broghammer DO855 Mankato Ave Winona MN 55987