Dr. Peter George Mavrelis MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology8895 Broadway Merrillville IN, 46410
Dr. Peter Mavrelis is a gastroenterologist practicing in Merrillville, IN. Dr. Mavrelis specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mavrelis performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1976
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Efficacy of transoral fundoplication for treatment of chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease incompletely controlled with high-dose proton-pump inhibitors therapy: a randomized, multicenter, open label, crossover study.
- Granular cell myoblastoma of the esophagus.
- Pentoxifylline for mesenteric ischemia.
- Water-ski colon.
- Jaundice associated with nonhepatic Staphylococcus aureus infection. Does teichoic acid have a role in pathogenesis?
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Gastroenterology; Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine; Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Peter George Mavrelis MD's Practice location
Merrillville, IN 46410Get Direction
Dr. Peter George Mavrelis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mavrelis
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- 5 Foods to Eat When you Have Anemia
Anemia refers to a state where the body witnesses a decrease in the number of circulating red blood cells causing symptoms like paleness of skin, lethargicness, headache and chest pain. Termed as the most common blood disorder, anemia is strictly not a disease, but a disorder that is often a...
- Gluten-Sniffing Dogs for Celiac Disease Patients
When you think of a loyal and friendly pet, the first animal that comes to mind is most likely a dog. Countless are the things dogs can do for us. From military, sense of dangers, protection, guiding and as well as being our best companions, a dog has value on all sorts of levels. They are powerful....
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- Dr. Matthew L Horowitz M.D.17901 Governors Hwy Homewood IL 60430
- Dr. Julia K Leblanc M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Suriya Sastri M.D.5201 S. Willos Springs Rd Suite 180 La Grange IL 60525
- Dr. Muhammad M Kudaimi M.D.801 Macarthur Blvd Munster IN 46321
- Dr. Motilal A. Bhatia M.D.17850 Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest IL 60429
- Dr. Akeek Sanat Bhatt M.D.410 W 10th Ave Columbus OH 43210