Dr. William Slagle is an optometrist practicing in Salem, VA. Dr. Slagle specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Slagle performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. William Scott Slagle OD's Practice location
Salem, VA 24153Get Direction
Dr. William Scott Slagle OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- Dr. Neal S Jessup O.D.600 S Pollard St Vinton VA 24179
- Dr. Patrick Bruce Curran O.D.2685 Market St Christiansburg VA 24073
- Dr. Christie Leigh Francia O.D.1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Alicia Marie Greene O.D.1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA 24153
- Miss Tara Leigh O'rourke O.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Angela N Musick O.D.1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA 24153