Dr. Jessica Hundley is a speech language pathologist practicing in LEXINGTON, KY. Dr. Hundley specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hundley evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hundley helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jessica Shea Hundley CCC-SLP's Practice location
LEXINGTON, KY 40504Get Direction
Jessica Shea Hundley CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Fatima Warren404 HOLLOW CREEK RD APT 24 LEXINGTON KY 40511
- Mrs. Corie Sexton M.S. CCC-SLP175 W LOWRY LN STE 104 LEXINGTON KY 40503
- Mrs. Martha G. Park M.S.3413 CAPTIVA CT LEXINGTON KY 40509
- Mrs. Sarah Elizabeth Shields M.S., CCC-SLP2050 VERSAILLES RD LEXINGTON KY 40504
- Edith A Mcburney M.A.2412 GREATSTONE POINT LEXINGTON KY 40504
- Susan C Thomas SLP105 WINDSOR PATH GEORGETOWN KY 40324