Dr. David M. Schaffzin M.D.
Proctologist1203 Langhorne Newtown Rd St. Clare Medical Bl Langhorne PA, 19047
Dr. David Schaffzin is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Langhorne, PA. Dr. Schaffzin specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Schaffzin often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1997
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1997
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Surgeon-performed ultrasound: endorectal ultrasound.
- Endorectal ultrasound in the preoperative evaluation of rectal cancer.
- Nonoperative management of complicated diverticular disease.
- Colonic stents: the modern treatment of colonic obstruction.
- Idiopathic myointimal hyperplasia of mesenteric veins in the elderly.
- Chronic Pain
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Washington Hosp Ctr, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Albert Einstein Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Albert Einstein Med Center
- Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. David M. Schaffzin M.D.'s Practice location
Langhorne, PA 19047Get Direction
Dr. David M. Schaffzin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schaffzin
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Joseph H Nejman MD1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Steven G Harper MD1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Ralph B Korkor M.D.994 White Horse Ave Trenton NJ 08610
- Dr. Steven Adam Fassler MD1235 Old York Rd Abington PA 19001
- Dr. Liam R Smith MD358 Mowbray Arch Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Robin E. Rosenberg M.D.9892 Bustleton Ave Philadelphia PA 19115