Dr. Susan Shanklin is a psychologist practicing in Columbus, IN. Dr. Shanklin specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Shanklin evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Shanklin because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Susan Shanklin HSPP's Practice location
Columbus, IN 47201Get Direction
Susan Shanklin HSPP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- How is Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosed?
Binge eating disorder can often go undetected for long periods of time because it is a condition characterized by shame, denial and secrecy. Being open about it is always the first step to its diagnosis. This makes diagnosis of this particular eating disorder challenging in most cases. Binge eating...
- The Challenges of Living with Autism in College
As autism becomes more prevalent, more research has been devoted to understanding the origins of the it as well as developing effective treatment plans to support the individual. Research shows that the earlier treatment begins, the better individuals will be at implementing coping strategies and...
- The Proven Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Autism
When it comes to children with autism, parents need to have resources to guide them into better coping mechanisms and strategies for communication. New research has shown that parents are improving feelings of anxiety and sadness by joining their children in therapy, cognitive behavior...
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- New Research Shows Many Adults with Autism Are Unemployed
Many families with young adults on the spectrum describe the transition from adolescence to young adulthood as being a lot like learning to fly. Transition into adulthood is a critical period of development and milestones. A healthy transition can set the state for positive outcomes and advantages...
- Dr. Marsha Lynne Rockey PSYD, HSPP1437 S Belcher Rd Clearwater FL 33764
- Mr. Karl Evans PHD2400 17th St Columbus IN 47201
- Janna Williams-pitts1725 E Tipton St Seymour IN 47274
- Kristen Hurley PSYD2675 FOX POINTE DR STE A COLUMBUS IN 47203
- Dr. Yuko Yamato PSYD315 Business Loop 70 W Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Nancy Wonacott PH.D., HSPP1443 Corporate Way Seymour IN 47274