Dr. Basil Bisca is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Bisca specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Bisca can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Bisca can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1954
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Oh State Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Basil V Bisca MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43220Get Direction
Dr. Basil V Bisca MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is a very serious condition. Sadly, in a decent amount of cases, this horrible disease has a fatal outcome. That’s why people who are suffering from ovarian cancer should really take this illness seriously. The most important thing you need to remember is to visit your doctor much...
- Moms With Asthma Can Breastfeed Their Babies Without Worry
According to a new study, moms with asthma can breast feed their babies, as this practice may not increase the risk of asthma in children. In this study, the researchers followed up babies until they are 12-years-old with the aim of assessing the impact of breastfeeding in the development of lungs....
- How Is Cervical Cancer Diagnosed?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer which develops in the cervix. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus which connects to the vagina. The cause of cervical cancer is thought to be various strains of human papilloma virus (HPV), a sexually transmitted infection. The human papilloma virus can...
- Laparoscopy for Endometriosis
What is laparoscopy?Laparoscopy is a common procedure used for diagnosing and removing mild to moderate endometriosis. The surgeon puts a small viewing instrument known as laparoscope through a small abdominal cut. If more access is needed, the surgeon makes a small cut or two on the abdomen to...
- C-Sections Can Be Risky for Premature Babies
A recent study shows that smaller babies have an increased risk of breathing troubles when delivered early by C-sections compared to babies who are delivered vaginally. Many times, the reasons for the slower rate of growth of the baby are not known. Some common causes of the baby being small include...
- When Could Vaginal Discharge Be a Sign of Something Else?
Vaginal discharge is a normal and physiological function of the body to help keep the vagina healthy. It can also have certain odors, textures, and colors, which help in the identification of infections and other physiological changes in the female body. What is a normal vaginal discharge?Vaginal...
- Dr. Anita P. Somani MD3600 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214
- Dr. Dorrie A. Friday MD150 Taylor Station Road Columbus Ohio 43213
- Dr. Beth A. Boyles M.D.3525 Olentangy River Road Columbus Ohio 43214
- David Nicholson D.O.4120 West Franklin Street Bellbrook Ohio 45305
- Dr. Valerie Amber Waddell M.D.920 N Hamilton Rd Columbus OH 43230
- Dr. Mervyn Samuel MD5910 Cleveland Ave Columbus OH 43231