Dr. Jamie Mcgee is a speech language pathologist practicing in DURHAM, NC. Dr. Mcgee specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcgee evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcgee helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jamie Mcgee's Practice location
DURHAM, NC 27710Get Direction
Jamie Mcgee's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Amy Unruh M.A., CCC-SLP875 WALNUT ST CARY NC 27511
- Mrs. Wendy A Ferrara M.A., CCC-SLP111 PLANO DR DURHAM NC 27703
- Jennifer R Dinunzio M.A., CCC-SLP3100 BLUE RIDGE RD RALEIGH NC 27612
- Sarah Cox SLP186 WIND CHIME CT STE 104 RALEIGH NC 27615
- Selena Helms SLP126 N SALEM ST APEX NC 27502
- Miss Jillian R Cruz M.ED., CCC-SLP101 MANNING DR CHAPEL HILL NC 27514