Dr. Bryan B Barnes M.D.
Neurosurgeon1765 Old West Broad St Bldg 2 Suite 300 Athens GA, 30606
Dr. Bryan Barnes practices Neurological Surgery in Athens, GA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Barnes prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Connecticut School of Medicine 1997
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- So Il Univ Sch Of Med, Family Practice
- EMORY HEALTHCARE
Dr. Bryan B Barnes M.D.'s Practice location
Athens, GA 30606Get Direction
Dr. Bryan B Barnes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Kimberly P Walpert M.D.1765 Old West Broad St Athens GA 30606
- Shashikant Patil M.D1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Harlan Jason Bruner M.D.1 Gustave Levy Place New York NY 10029
- Dr. John V Cuff M.D.1765 Old West Broad St Athens GA 30606
- Dr. Michael Neil Woodall M.D.1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912
- Dr. Theodore R Jacobs MD1765 Old West Broad Street Athens GA 30606