Dr. Bruce Berger is a psychiatrist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Berger is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Berger diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Berger may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Berger treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Minnesota Medical School 1977
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine Program
Dr. Bruce R Berger M.D.'s Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27613Get Direction
Dr. Bruce R Berger M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Dr. Victoria M Payne M.D., M.S943 West Andrews Ave Henderson NC 27536
- Dr. Richard Weisler M.D.700 Spring Forest Road Raleigh North Carolina 27609
- Reshmi Saranga M.B.B.S.1021 W Williams St Apex NC 27502
- Lakshmi S. Kamaraju Durham North Carolina 27707
- Dr. Natasha Tania Cunningham M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Gopal Kumar Rakesh813 Marilee Glen Ct Durham NC 27705