Dr. Catherine Ford is a psychologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Ford specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Ford evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Ford because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Catherine Maria Ford PH.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Catherine Maria Ford PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- 12-Year-Old Pianist with Autism Blows Audience Away on Harry Connick Jr. Show
Tina Velazquez knew that her son, Jacob, was special very early on. When he was just 13 months old, he was not speaking; however, he had learned the entire alphabet by heart. By the age of 2, he had memorized all 50 states and the 7 continents. During this time, Jacob was also diagnosed with speech...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Unique Social Clubs for Women On the Spectrum
For people with autism, social activities can be both difficult and stressful. This can often lead to avoidance of such situations, which in turn leads to isolation. As humans are social beings, lack of interaction with other people can leave many feeling depressed.For one young woman with autism,...
- Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.12600 Hill Country Blvd Bee Cave TX 78738
- Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX 78704
- Dr. Nancy L Nussbaum PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.1102 W 6th Street Austin TX 78703
- Dr. Allison Myers-fabian PHD1 Ford Pl # 1e Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Erikalin Nichole Ashton PSY.D.3724 Jefferson Street Austin TX 78731