Dr. John Growdon practices Neuropathology in Boston, MA. Dr. Growdon studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1965
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 1965
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Biomarkers of Alzheimer disease.
- Risperidone treatment of behavioral disturbances in outpatients with dementia.
- Intact implicit memory for novel patterns in Alzheimer's disease.
- Presenilin 1 protein directly interacts with Bcl-2.
- Donepezil therapy in clinical practice: a randomized crossover study.
- Modulation of presenilin-1 processing by nitric oxide during apoptosis induced by serum withdrawal and glucose deprivation.
- Differences between Pick disease and Alzheimer disease in clinical appearance and rate of cognitive decline.
- Effects of proximal and distal muscles' groups contraction and mental stress on the amplitude and frequency of physiological finger tremor. An accelerometric study.
- Clozapine and risperidone treatment of psychosis in Parkinson's disease.
- Genetic association of a cystatin C gene polymorphism with late-onset Alzheimer disease.
- The selective muscarinic M1 agonist AF102B decreases levels of total Abeta in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer's disease.
- Treatment with the selective muscarinic agonist talsaclidine decreases cerebrospinal fluid levels of total amyloid beta-peptide in patients with Alzheimer's disease.
- Elevation of cystatin C in susceptible neurons in Alzheimer's disease.
- Diagnosing dementia with Lewy bodies.
- PARK3 influences age at onset in Parkinson disease: a genome scan in the GenePD study.
- Mass Gen Hosp, Neurology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital 1966
Dr. John Herbert Growdon MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. John Herbert Growdon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Common Multiple Sclerosis Treatments: An Overview
A debilitating disease that was once the face of a crushing and “hopeless” diagnosis has evolved from having one effective treatment to multiple effective treatments. Longtime sufferers who didn’t respond to one medication now have options to try others, to participate in a clinical trial or...
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- New Study: How a Mediterranean-style Diet Can Fight Multiple Sclerosis
New research is currently being developed at New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital, studying how food can be used as a treatment option to tackle MS. Neurologist Ilana Katz Sand is leading one of the first clinical trials to research the connection between food, gut bacteria, and MS symptoms. The...
- Taking Plavix and Root Canal Treatment
Generic Name: ClopidogrelBrand Name: PlavixWhat is Plavix?Plavix is a drug that prevents the platelets in the blood from sticking together, thereby avoiding the formation of blood clots. There can be unwanted cases of blood clots, which can occur in cases of heart diseases or blood vessel...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Richard Pryor's Legacy
Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor III was born on December 1st, 1940 to Gertrude L. and LeRoy “Buck Carter” Pryor. He grew up in a brothel in the red-light district of Peoria, Illinois, which was run by his grandmother, Marie Carter. After his mother abandoned him at the age of 10, Pryor was...
- Dr. Masanori Takeoka MD333 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115
- Dr. Saad Kanaan MD848 St. Francis North Wichita Kansas 67214
- Dr. Linda Buchwald MD82 Blueberry Ln Concord MA 1742
- Dr. Syed T. Ali MD65 Walnut Street Wellesley Massachusetts 2481
- Dr. Carmen Rosa Fortuno roman M.D.725 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dhanashri P. Miskin75 St Alphonsus Street Boston Massachusetts 2120