Dr. Randall Allen Kavalier DO
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1003 Grand Avenue West Des Moines IA, 50265
Dr. Randall Kavalier practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Kavalier evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Kavalier seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- C F Menninger Mem Hosp, Pediatrics; St Louis Childrens Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Randall Allen Kavalier DO's Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50265Get Direction
Dr. Randall Allen Kavalier DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kavalier
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Patricia M Al-adsani MD3900 Ingersoll Ave Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Joyce A Vista wayne MD1750 48th St Des Moines IA 50310
- Dr. Truce T. Ordona MD1301 Center St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Deanna Book Boesen M.D.3408 Woodland Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Mohammed Saeed Aldosari M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Stephen R Mandler D.O.2116 GRAND AVE DES MOINES IA 50312