Dr. Nicholas Pastorek is a psychologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Pastorek specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Pastorek evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Pastorek because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Factor structure of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in OEF/OIF veterans presenting to a polytrauma clinic.
- Heterogeneity in Trail Making Test performance in OEF/OIF/OND veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
- Prognostic importance of self-reported traits/problems/strengths and environmental barriers/facilitators for predicting participation outcomes in persons with traumatic brain injury: a systematic review.
- Ecological validity of performance validity testing.
- Clinician versus Veteran ratings on the Mayo-Portland Participation Index in veterans with a history of mild traumatic brain injury.
- Accuracy of self-reported length of coma and posttraumatic amnesia in persons with medically verified traumatic brain injury.
- Neuropsychological and behavioral correlates of impulsiveness in veterans with and without mild traumatic brain injury.
- A Factor Analytic Approach to the Validation of the Word Memory Test and Test of Memory Malingering as Measures of Effort and Not Memory.
- Factors related to satisfaction with life in veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
Dr. Nicholas Joseph Pastorek PH.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas Joseph Pastorek PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Music Can Prevent Chronic Stress
Stress is inevitable in life; however, it is less manageable if an individual experiences chronic stress on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Stress triggers a series of reactions that initiate the stress response in cells throughout an individual's body. Commonly, if stress persists for...
- Autism, Hip-Hop, and a New Musical
A new musical by the name of "Wonderland" seeks to explore autism via rap and spoken word.WINGS"Wonderland" is a WINGS production. WINGS is nationally recognized as one of the leading performing arts programs for children, and is located at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Their goal is to inspire...
- Temple Grandin Teaches How to Move Beyond Labels
Mary Temple Grandin, a professor of animal science at Colorado State University, expert consultant in the livestock industry on animal behavior and Autism spokesperson, was born on August 29th, 1947. She was never officially diagnosed with autism during her childhood or adolescence.Rather, she...
- Autism: Why It's Important to Consider Identity-First Language
When discussing autism, it’s easy to get caught up in conversations about genetics and DNA that can often feel detached from the everyday experiences of people with autism. The research being done in these areas and the discussions that surround them are undoubtedly important. New studies and data...
- Depression in Seniors
What is depression?Depression is a mood disorder that causes an individual to feel sad, lonely, lost, angry, hopeless, or frustrated daily. These severe emotions can interfere with the individual's everyday life. For elders, depression can arise through hard life experiences, like losing a spouse,...
- Dr. Pauline Amos Clansy EDD8303 Southwest Freeway Houston TX 77074
- Dr. Barbara P. Uzzell PHD3511 Chatwood Dr Pearland TX 77584
- Dr. Nancy Johnson Warren PHD26A Bee Street Charleston South Carolina 29425
- Dr. Sandra L. Hotz PH.D.1315 St Joseph Pkwy Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Blythe TwoSisters PSY.D.5445 Almeda Rd Houston Texas 77004
- Dr. Summer D. Ott PSY.D.6400 Fannin St Houston TX 77030