Dr. Stephen Stafford is a urologist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Stafford specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1976
Dr. Stephen J Stafford MD's Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27609Get Direction
Dr. Stephen J Stafford MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stafford
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- Can Bladder Spasms Be Treated?
Living with bladder spasms is a painful reality for many. Not only is the condition physically painful, but it can also cause mental and emotional trauma among those dealing with bladder spasms daily.What are bladder spasms?Normally, passing urine is a systematic function of the body, wherein...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Treatment Options for Blood in Urine
What we have to understand about Hematuria (blood discoloring urine) is that we are observing a symptom and not the disease itself. The appearance of blood in urine is the end result of a diseased state brought on by bacterial or viral infection, tissue inflammation or cancer. Even genetic triggers...
- How Common is Testicular Cancer?
Testicular cancer is a form of cancer which affects the male testes or sex glands encased within the scrotum, a loose sac of tissue that hangs freely below the penis. Germ cells are specialized cells lining several heavily coiled tubular structures within the testes that are responsible for...
- Dr. John Vicotr Kaspar M.D.1112 Gracie Place Goldsboro North Carolina 27534
- Charles J. Viviano2608 Deanwood Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27615
- Dr. Brent A. Sharpe M.D.660 Lanier Park Drive Gainesville Georgia 30501
- Dr. Jerome P Parnell MD3320 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. Thomas James Polascik M.D.3480 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. Neil H Grafstein MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704