Dr. Marc Clayton Patterson MD
Neurologist | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities200 1st St Sw Mayo Clinic Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Marc Patterson practices Neuropathology in Rochester, MN. Dr. Patterson studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Queensland School of Medicine 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
- Childhood-onset ataxia: testing for large CAG-repeats in SCA2 and SCA7.
- Holoprosencephaly: the face predicts the brain; the image predicts its function.
- Mental retardation: X marks the spot.
- Identification of 58 novel mutations in Niemann-Pick disease type C: correlation with biochemical phenotype and importance of PTC1-like domains in NPC1.
- A riddle wrapped in a mystery: understanding Niemann-Pick disease, type C.
- Rectal biopsy in the diagnosis of neuronal intranuclear hyaline inclusion disease.
- Therapy of Niemann-Pick disease, type C.
- The pathophysiology and mechanisms of NP-C disease.
- Metabolic mimics: the disorders of N-linked glycosylation.
- In memoriam: Manuel Rodriguez Gomez, MD July 4, 1928 - January 21, 2006.
- Scurvy and rickets masked by chronic neurologic illness: revisiting "psychologic malnutrition".
- Miglustat for treatment of Niemann-Pick C disease: a randomised controlled study.
- Limbic encephalitis associated with anti-GAD antibody and common variable immune deficiency.
- IGF system in children with congenital disorders of glycosylation.
- Unraveling the sterol-trafficking defect in Niemann-Pick C disease.
- Birth Defects
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Marc Clayton Patterson MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Marc Clayton Patterson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patterson
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Related to Other Conditions?
Restless legs syndrome is a condition that causes an irresistible and overwhelming urge to move your legs. The sensations get aggravated by rest and alleviated by movement. Although this condition is serious, it is totally curable. RLS is characterized by:• Semi-rhythmic leg movements during...
- Wrestler Marti Belle's Battle Against Alzheimer's Is Something Personal
Marti Belle is just one of the women in the world who has proven that women can not only be strong, but powerful as well. In fact, she is the first female wrestler of Dominican descent in WWE history, and for her, one of her greatest honors is being able to represent Latinas in wrestling.Belle was...
- Bill Gates Speaks Out to Alzheimer’s Patients
The renowned Microsoft CEO and philanthropist Bill Gates has recently spoken out to raise awareness of Alzheimer’s Disease, and to further research on the condition by making a generous $50 million donation to the cause. As many may know by now, Alzheimer’s is a disease that, at the very best,...
- Zinc’s Role in Multiple Sclerosis Development
Past research has shown that it is a pathological disruption of zinc homeostasis that causes multiple sclerosis-induced motor deficits and spinal cord white matter damage. It is known that an abnormal vesicular release of zinc and accumulation of intracellular zinc may help to mediate several of the...
- Migraines and Nausea: What You Need to Know
A lot of people are troubled by migraine headaches. It can be so intense that a person’s daily living can be affected. It’s not just the pain that makes migraines difficult to deal with. Migraines are also associated with nausea, which makes it more difficult and debilitating for some...
- Dr. Fred Michael Cutrer M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55902
- Dr. Melissa Curie Lipford MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elias A Giraldo MD219 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Irene Meissner M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Adama Marie Frye M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Duygu Selcen M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905