Dr. Stefania Schewe is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEW HOPE, MN. Dr. Schewe specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schewe evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schewe helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Stefania Schewe M.ED. CCC-SLP's Practice location
NEW HOPE, MN 55428Get Direction
Stefania Schewe M.ED. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Ms. Erin Alberto Hurt SLP6500 EXCELSIOR BLVD ST LOUIS PARK MN 55426
- Jaclyn Anne Hutchins M.A.1891 STATION PKWY NW ANDOVER MN 55304
- Rachel Everson-fink CCC-SLP709 UNIVERSITY AVE W SAINT PAUL MN 55104
- Alicia Reedy10273 YELLOW CIRCLE DR MINNETONKA MN 55343
- Mrs. Leia Chantelle Robideau M.A., CCC-SLP7231 FORESTVIEW LN N MAPLE GROVE MN 55369
- Kelly Trombley M.A. CCC-SLP6781 COUNTRY OAKS RD EXCELSIOR MN 55331