Dr. George Smith is an interventional radiologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Smith specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Wayne St Univ Affil Hosp, Diagnostic Radiology; Forest Park Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U St Louis-Deaconess Hosp
George B. Smith M.D.'s Practice location
George B. Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Crohn’s Disease: What You Should Eat
Living with Crohn's disease is difficult, and managing your diet can be even more difficult. Managing a proper diet is vital to manage your Chron's symptoms and prevent any other complications from arising.A Crohn’s-friendly diet is not a cure for Chron's disease; it is only meant to help manage...
- More Sleep May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
A recent study shows relieving pain and getting better sleep may help lessen the severity of rheumatoid arthritis. The goal of this descriptive-correlative study was to better understand the relationship among pain, sleep, and inflammatory markers.This information could then be used to “develop...
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- New Simulation Reveals Family Cost of Alzheimer's Disease
Approximately 5 million individuals in the United States suffer from dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or another type of neurological disorder. Such conditions can be expensive to treat and sadly, the financial burden falls on the patients and their families as opposed to receiving help from...
- Top Uses of Finasteride
Finasteride is an oral prescription medication in the form of film-coated tablets. It is available as a generic drug and under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Although generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs, their availability may be limited when it comes to their form or strength...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- Michael A Brooks MD800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536
- Dale R Absher M.D.1218 S Broadway Lexington KY 40504
- Curtis Alden Given MD1740 Nicholasville Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Shailendra Chopra M.D.1221 S Broadway Lexington KY 40504
- Abdulnasser Ahmed yousuf Alhajeri MD800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536
- Thomas Marion Seay M.D.13737 Noel Rd Dallas TX 75240