Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist practicing in Blue Ridge, GA. Dr. Sabom specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sabom also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1977
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1970 University of Texas Medical Branch
- 1966 Phi Beta Kappa, Colorado College
- Ultrasound (sonogram)
- FellowAmerican College of Cardiology
- Fellow American Heart Association
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Cardiovascular Diseases; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Internal Medicine
- Shands at the University of Florida
- University of Florida Health Science Center and Affiliated Hospitals 1975
- University of Florida, Cardiology, Fla., Alachua 1977
Michael B Sabom M.D.'s Practice location
Blue Ridge, GA 30513Get Direction
Blairsville, GA 30512Get Direction
Michael B Sabom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- What Are HIIT Workouts?
What is a HIIT Workout?HIIT workout plans are intensive and punishing, but there are good reasons why they are very popular. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. As its name implies, it is an explosive and high-power workout. It is not a specific workout or exercise routine. Rather,...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...