Dr. Matthew Ammerman practices Neurological Surgery in Memphis, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Ammerman prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 2002
- A prospective evaluation of the role for intraoperative x-ray in lumbar discectomy. Predictors of incorrect level exposure.
- Subarachnoid air mimicking a basilar apex aneurysm. Case illustration.
- Wrong-sided surgery.
- The role of Osteocel Plus as a fusion substrate in minimally invasive instrumented transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion.
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- George Washington University Program A
Dr. Matthew D Ammerman MD's Practice location
Memphis, TN 38104Get Direction
Washington, DC 20016Get Direction
Dr. Matthew D Ammerman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Fereidoon Parsioon M.D.5673 S Rex Rd Memphis TN 38119
- Dr. Berkeley Graham Bate MD920 Madison Ave Memphis TN 38163
- Dr. Glenn Allen Crosby M.D.6027 Walnut Grove Rd Memphis TN 38120
- Dr. Christopher M Nickele M.D.Uw Hospital & Clinics Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Gabriel Phillips MD1265 Union Ave Memphis TN 38104
- Dr. Maurice M Smith MD6325 Humphreys Blvd Memphis TN 38120